Sanitization Guide for your PAX terminals
Some cleaning tips that apply to all PAX products:
- Use only a soft, lint-free cloth. Avoid abrasive cloths, towels, paper towels, or similar items.
- Avoid excessive wiping, which might cause damage.
- Unplug all external power sources, devices, and cables.
- Keep liquids away from the product, unless otherwise noted for specific products.
- Don’t get moisture into any openings.
- Don’t use aerosol sprays, bleaches, or abrasives.
- Don’t spray cleaners directly onto the item.
Is it OK to use a disinfectant on my PAX product?
Using a 70 percent isopropyl alcohol wipe or Clorox Disinfecting Wipe, you may gently wipe the hard, nonporous surfaces of your PAX product, such as the display, keyboard, or other exterior surfaces. Don’t use bleach. Avoid getting moisture in any opening, and don’t submerge your PAX product in any cleaning agents. Don’t use on fabric or leather surfaces.
How should I clean Displays on PAX products?
First, disconnect the display from power, from its connection to a computer, and from any external devices. Then use a soft, dry cloth to wipe dust from the screen. If additional cleaning of the display panel or case is required, use a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth. Avoid getting moisture in openings. Don’t use window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, ammonia, abrasives, or cleaners containing hydrogen peroxide to clean the display.
Do not clean the screen of your PAX device display with a cleaner containing acetone. Use a cleaner intended for use with a screen or display. Never spray cleaner directly on the screen. It might drip inside the display and cause damage.
Learn from the Expert
1546 St. James Street, Winnipeg MB R3H 0L2